Kylie May

Kylie May

Layla Faith

Layla Faith

Zoey Noelle

Zoey Noelle

Boyee

Boyee
Our baby boy, due March 16th.

Friday, September 23, 2011

I guess I had more to write than I thought...

I'll start with Layla, of course. We had an apt yesterday afternoon. My mom came with & Bryan stayed home with Kylie. I think it's the first one Bryan hasn't been to! Pretty impressive since we go every week!


Layla's heart was beating strong. I know I say that a lot, but I'm just always so happy & excited when I hear her heartbeat! It's so easy for the Dr. to find & was beating at 150, as usual. I wish I could listen to it all the time or have one of those doppler things at home, for peace of mind. 
My original due date was December 30th. After my first couple apts, she changed it to January 8th. So I'm technically 24 weeks, but there is no way to tell what I really am. I'm measuring at 26 weeks, which is great!


I had to take my glucose test, so we had time after the apt before they could draw my blood. Mom & I walked over to the labor area. It was really nice! We got a tour from one of the nurses. I explained my situation & she was so nice. She was very helpful & encouraged us to make a good 'care plan' so that we could enjoy our time after Layla is born. The nurse told us a little about the Dr.'s there, a photographer, and a counselor that are all available to us. (I think they've done this before.)


After getting the diagnosis, I look back at the things that happened earlier in my pregnancy. I thought I was 10 weeks, & they did a portable ultrasound to see that I was 8 weeks. That's when they changed my due date, but maybe Layla was already measuring small? At 12 weeks, I started bleeding & cramping and had to go into the ER. They called it a threatened miscarriage. That was so scary. But, we made it through & Layla was okay. There is a reason that we're going through all this. It's testing & building our faith & relationships. As usual, there's a song that says "I will praise the One who's chosen me to carry you." I am doing that. I am praising God through this circumstance. Knowing that there is a reason. 


(I may have said this before...) Our Pastor at church is doing a series on faith. From Daniel, when King Nebuchadnezzar was going to throw Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego into the furnace. They said "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve, number one, is able to deliver us from it. Number two, He will deliver us from your majesty’s hand. Number three, even if He does not, we want you to know we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Three things: 1 - God can do it, 2- He will do it for me, 3- Even if He doesn't, we will not break. I'm anxious for the message on number 3.  


This week I'm seeing with eyes of faith. When you see something in your head, it will get to your heart and nothing is impossible to him who believes. 


Mark 11:24
 22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


Please, picture it with us. Believe with us, that God CAN do the impossible. That He WILL do the impossible. 


Here are some pics, just for fun :) (Still hoping to get a good image of Layla at our next ultrasound. Take my word for it, she's cute!)


Kylie & Jack up at camp. You don't have to be stylish up there. 

Josh came to the Brown County Fair a while ago. Kylie LOVED seeing him. 

Lady A in Green Bay!

2 comments:

Donica Mohr said...

I just want you to know that I continue to pray and stand on our faith through this journey that you are on.

Cara said...

Tristen sent me the link to this blog after I reached out to her letting her know that I had lost my son to the same diagnosis as Sophia 5 years earlier. I was especially touched by this post. We named our son Daniel after the story that you reference in the book of Daniel. It was important for us to remember through our journey (that felt like the furnace) that God was with us and continues to be with us 5 years later. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your sweet baby.